The Cheatham House at the College of William and Mary was located at 221 Richmond Road. In 1911-1912 it was the Pi Kappa Alpha House. Around 1925-1929 it was the Sigma Phi Epsilon House. In 1929 it was the Davis House [?], being used as an auxiliary dormitory for freshmen. From 1929 until around 1935 it was the Richmond Road Dormitory. The house was purchased by William and Mary from Nancy Davis Upshur and C. Littleton Upshur on August 7, 1945. (Consolidated Land Register, WMSBG D.B. 20--265) In 1989, the house was sold to the Presbyterian Church.
- University Archives Buildings File (2007), Cheatham House, Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary.
Material in the Special Collections Research Center
- 1912 Colonial Echo, p.65; 1915 Colonial Echo, p. 96,; 1916 Colonial Echo, p. 117.
- 1926 Colonial Echo, p. 156, 1927 Colonial Echo, p. 174, Flat Hat, 9/27/1929, 1.
- The Flat Hat, 9/27/1929, p. 1.
To search for further material, visit the Special Collections Research Center's Search Tool List for an overview of the Special Collections Database, W&M Digital Archive, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, card catalogs, and other tools available to help you find material of interest in William & Mary Libraries Special Collections Research Center.
|A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki|
|The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Unfortunately, many of the early original records of William & Mary were destroyed by fires, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the Special Collections search tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.|