Cheatham House

From Special Collections Research Center Wiki
Revision as of 12:50, 13 October 2007 by Emotoo (talk | contribs) (New page: ''Cheatham House'' Location: 221 Richmond Road 1911-12--Pi Kappa Alpha House (1912 Colonial Echo, p.65; 1915 Colonial Echo, p. 96,; 1916 Colonial Echo, p. 117) c.l925-29--Sigma Phi...)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Cheatham House

Location: 221 Richmond Road

1911-12--Pi Kappa Alpha House (1912 Colonial Echo, p.65; 1915 Colonial Echo, p. 96,; 1916 Colonial Echo, p. 117)

c.l925-29--Sigma Phi Epsilon House (1926 Colonial Echo, p. 156, 1927 Colonial Echo, p. 174, FH, 9/27/1929, 1)

1929--the Davis House [?], formerly occupied by Sigma Phi Epsilon now being used as an auxiliary dormitory for freshmen (FH, 9/27/1929, 1)

1929-c.l935--Richmond Road Dormitory

1945--Purchased by College from Nancy Davis Upshur and C. Littleton Upshur, Aug. 7, 1945 (Consolidated Land Register, WMSBG D.B. 20--265)

1989--Sold to Presbyterian Church


References

  • University Archives Buildings File (2007), Cheatham House, Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary.