Charles M. Robinson
Charles M. Robinson was a Richmond, Virginia architect. Robinson designed the Sunken Garden campus at the College of William and Mary including: Washington Hall, Tucker Hall's addition, the present-day Reves Center (dedicated as the first Tyler Hall), Trinkle Hall, Tyler Hall (dedicated as Rogers Hall and later renamed Chancellors Hall before being rededicated as Tyler Hall), Monroe Hall, Chandler Hall, Barrett Hall, Brown Hall, and along with landscape architect, the Sunken Garden.
Robinson died on August 20, 1932.
Material in the Special Collections Research Center
- Facilities Managements Records, Special Collections Research Center, Swem Library, College of William and Mary.
- Office of the President, J.A.C. Chandler Records, Special Collections Research Center, Swem Library, College of William and Mary.
- Board of Visitors Records, Special Collections Research Center, Swem Library, College of William and Mary.
- SCRC Wiki pages.
To search for further material, visit the Special Collections Research Center's Search Tool List for an overview of the Special Collections Database, W&M Digital Archive, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, card catalogs, and other tools available to help you find material of interest in William & Mary Libraries Special Collections Research Center.
|A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki|
|The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Unfortunately, many of the early original records of William & Mary were destroyed by fires, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the Special Collections search tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.|