Difference between revisions of "Chandler Hall"

From Special Collections Research Center Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m
Line 1: Line 1:
'''Chandler Hall''' is located on Landrum Drive between [[Barrett Hall]] and [[Landrum Hall]].  In 1930, plans were present to the Board of Visitors for a third women's dormitory to accomodate approximately 150 women in double and single rooms with suites and kitchenettes.  Charles M. Robinson, the college architect at the time, designed the dormitory, which was completed in 1931 and named in honor of President J.A.C. Chandler.  The building cost $152,000 to construct.  It opened for use in the summer of 1931 and housed summer school students.  The second and third floors of the building were available for sororities to use as well.  Chandler Hall presently serves as a co-ed dormitory.
+
'''Chandler Hall''' is located on Landrum Drive between [[Barrett Hall]] and [[Landrum Hall]].  In 1930, plans were presented to the Board of Visitors for a third women's dormitory to accommodate approximately 150 women in double and single rooms with suites and kitchenettes.  Charles M. Robinson, the college architect at the time, designed the dormitory, which was completed in 1931 and named in honor of President J.A.C. Chandler.  The building cost $152,000 to construct.  It opened for use in the summer of 1931 and housed summer school students.  The second and third floors of the building were available for sororities to use as well.  Chandler Hall presently serves as a co-ed dormitory.
  
 
==References==
 
==References==
*University Archives Buildings File (2007). ''Chandler Hall''. Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia
+
*University Archives Buildings File (2007), ''Chandler Hall'', Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary.

Revision as of 15:43, 3 August 2007

Chandler Hall is located on Landrum Drive between Barrett Hall and Landrum Hall. In 1930, plans were presented to the Board of Visitors for a third women's dormitory to accommodate approximately 150 women in double and single rooms with suites and kitchenettes. Charles M. Robinson, the college architect at the time, designed the dormitory, which was completed in 1931 and named in honor of President J.A.C. Chandler. The building cost $152,000 to construct. It opened for use in the summer of 1931 and housed summer school students. The second and third floors of the building were available for sororities to use as well. Chandler Hall presently serves as a co-ed dormitory.

References

  • University Archives Buildings File (2007), Chandler Hall, Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary.