Difference between revisions of "Bozarth House"

From Special Collections Research Center Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
m (Text replacement - "at the College of William and Mary" to "at William & Mary")
m (Text replacement - "Swem Library, College of William and Mary" to "Swem Library, William & Mary")
 
Line 5: Line 5:
  
 
==Material in the Special Collections Research Center==
 
==Material in the Special Collections Research Center==
*[http://scrc.swem.wm.edu/index.php?p=collections/controlcard&id=8272 Channing Moore Hall Papers], Special Collections Research Center, Swem Library, College of William and Mary.
+
*[http://scrc.swem.wm.edu/index.php?p=collections/controlcard&id=8272 Channing Moore Hall Papers], Special Collections Research Center, Swem Library, William & Mary.
 
*A guide to conducting research related to the [http://guides.swem.wm.edu/wm College of William and Mary] is also available.
 
*A guide to conducting research related to the [http://guides.swem.wm.edu/wm College of William and Mary] is also available.
  

Latest revision as of 16:16, 9 September 2019

Bozarth House, circa 1932

Constructed: 1920-1924

Named for: J. Arthur Bozarth

Map it for me

The Bozarth House and Cottage at William & Mary is located on the northwest corner of Richmond Road and Armistead Avenue (205 Richmond Road and cottage at 126 Armistead Avenue). It was built between June 1920-March 1924, according to dated aerial photographs.

In 1932, the property of J. Arthur Bozarth was purchased for $19,000.[1] From 1933-1937, it served as the Pi Kappa Alpha House [2]

Material in the Special Collections Research Center

References

  • University Archives Buildings File (2007), Penniman Building, Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary.
  • Colonial Echo, 1934, 1937.



Need help?

To search for further material, visit the Special Collections Research Center's Search Tool List for an overview of the Special Collections Database, W&M Digital Archive, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, card catalogs, and other tools available to help you find material of interest in William & Mary Libraries Special Collections Research Center.

Questions? Contact the Special Collections Research Center at spcoll@wm.edu or 757-221-3090, or visit the Special Collections Research Center in the Earl Gregg Swem Library at William & Mary.

A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki
The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Unfortunately, many of the early original records of William & Mary were destroyed by fires, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the Special Collections search tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.