The Bozarth House and Cottage at the College of William and Mary is located on the northwest corner of Richmond Road and Armistead Avenue (205 Richmond Road, and cottage at 126 Armistead Avenue). It was built between June 1920 and March 1924, according to dated aerial photos.
In 1932, the property of J. Arthur Bozarth was purchased for $19,000. Whole frontage on Armistead St., one house on Richmond Road and one on Prince George Street (Board of Visitors, December 11, p. 366); Nov. 28 consolidated land register) (deed book 15 1 281). In 1933-1937, it was the Pi Kappa Alpha House (1934 Colonial Echo; 1937 Colonial Echo). By 1981 it was previously used by the university physician. It accommodated 7 students, 5 women and men (all graduate students). Kitchen and dining area, double rooms. (Ginger Nobles to C. G. Walsh, April 22,1981).
- University Archives Buildings File (2007), Penniman Building, Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary.
Material in the Special Collections Research Center
- Channing Moore Hall Papers, Special Collections Research Center, Swem Library, College of William and Mary.
|A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki|
|Unfortunately, many of the early original records of the College of William and Mary were destroyed by fire, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. The information available here is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in the SCRC's collections and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the SCRC's access tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.|