Difference between revisions of "Blow Gymnasium"

From Special Collections Research Center Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 1: Line 1:
 
'''Blow Gymnasium''', now known as Blow Memorial Hall, began construction in 1923 and was completed early in 1925.  The [[College of William and Mary]] was able to build the gymnasium after receiving a gift of $130,200 from Mrs. George Preston Blow in memory of her husband, Captain George Preston Blow, U.S.N.
 
'''Blow Gymnasium''', now known as Blow Memorial Hall, began construction in 1923 and was completed early in 1925.  The [[College of William and Mary]] was able to build the gymnasium after receiving a gift of $130,200 from Mrs. George Preston Blow in memory of her husband, Captain George Preston Blow, U.S.N.
  
In 1991, Blow Gymnasium was renovated and converted from a physical education building into a complex for classrooms and offices, and was rededicated as Blow Memorial Hall.
+
In 1991, Blow Gymnasium was renovated and converted from a physical education building into a complex for classrooms and offices, and was rededicated as Blow Memorial Hall.  Blow Hall is currently located on Richmond Road near [[Zable Stadium]].
  
 
==References==
 
==References==
 
*University Archives Buildings File (2007).  ''Blow Gymnasium''.  Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia
 
*University Archives Buildings File (2007).  ''Blow Gymnasium''.  Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia

Revision as of 13:29, 9 April 2007

Blow Gymnasium, now known as Blow Memorial Hall, began construction in 1923 and was completed early in 1925. The College of William and Mary was able to build the gymnasium after receiving a gift of $130,200 from Mrs. George Preston Blow in memory of her husband, Captain George Preston Blow, U.S.N.

In 1991, Blow Gymnasium was renovated and converted from a physical education building into a complex for classrooms and offices, and was rededicated as Blow Memorial Hall. Blow Hall is currently located on Richmond Road near Zable Stadium.

References

  • University Archives Buildings File (2007). Blow Gymnasium. Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia