Difference between revisions of "Augustine Warner, Jr."

From Special Collections Research Center Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
m (Text replacement - "at the College of William and Mary" to "at William & Mary")
 
Line 1: Line 1:
A portrait of '''Augustine Warner, Jr.''' formerly hung in the [[Earl Gregg Swem Library]] and the previous library (in the present-day [[Tucker Hall]]). The [[Muscarelle Museum]] at the [[College of William and Mary]] had the portrait of Augustine Warner, Jr. on long-term loan (from 1925 to 2000).  At the request of the lenders, the portrait was shipped to the Kenmore Association, now known as the George Washington Foundation, in Fredericksburg, Virginia, in February 2000.  Any requests for its use must be coordinated with the George Washington Foundation.
+
A portrait of '''Augustine Warner, Jr.''' formerly hung in the [[Earl Gregg Swem Library]] and the previous library (in the present-day [[Tucker Hall]]). The [[Muscarelle Museum]] at [[William & Mary]] had the portrait of Augustine Warner, Jr. on long-term loan (from 1925 to 2000).  At the request of the lenders, the portrait was shipped to the Kenmore Association, now known as the George Washington Foundation, in Fredericksburg, Virginia, in February 2000.  Any requests for its use must be coordinated with the George Washington Foundation.
  
 
==References==
 
==References==

Latest revision as of 15:40, 9 September 2019

A portrait of Augustine Warner, Jr. formerly hung in the Earl Gregg Swem Library and the previous library (in the present-day Tucker Hall). The Muscarelle Museum at William & Mary had the portrait of Augustine Warner, Jr. on long-term loan (from 1925 to 2000). At the request of the lenders, the portrait was shipped to the Kenmore Association, now known as the George Washington Foundation, in Fredericksburg, Virginia, in February 2000. Any requests for its use must be coordinated with the George Washington Foundation.

References

  • Special Collections Research Center staff file.

External Links


Need help?

To search for further material, visit the Special Collections Research Center's Search Tool List for an overview of the Special Collections Database, W&M Digital Archive, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, card catalogs, and other tools available to help you find material of interest in William & Mary Libraries Special Collections Research Center.

Questions? Contact the Special Collections Research Center at spcoll@wm.edu or 757-221-3090, or visit the Special Collections Research Center in the Earl Gregg Swem Library at William & Mary.

A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki
The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Unfortunately, many of the early original records of William & Mary were destroyed by fires, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the Special Collections search tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.