Difference between revisions of "Archon To Do"
From Special Collections Research Center Wiki
m (Protected "Archon To Do" [edit=sysop:move=sysop])
Revision as of 23:30, 19 July 2009
Policies and Guides
- Staff manual - continuous updating
Add to the Database
- card catalog maps
- card catalog sheet music
- card catalog TC
- Racial and Ethnic Ephemera
- Student Projects: adding box and folder lists from Word documents where inventories are 10 pages or less.
- University Archives completed 11/07 -- many still need to be checked by a staff member; when they are move to completed folder on network drive and delete reference to PDF from the record in Archo.)
- -MSS begun 11/07
- Students: cleaning up box and folder lists in Word docs where inventories are more than 10 pages then converting to PDF and uploading PDFs to website in place of inventories rekeyed into database.
Clean Up, Miscellaneous
- Review all MSS entries-in progress
- Donald Davis Papers: add inventories from boxes 6-end
- Checking MSS entries and deleting, revising entries from Access database - in progress 2007-2009; Archives to check
- Check old Archives locations spreadsheet (for accessions) against records in Archon: WJK began this in January 2008, completed JE Aug 2008, final review by staff in progress
- Revise and update Classifications used for university records: review after all entries for University Archives are cleaned up
- Clean-up subject headings - part of ongoing cataloging into SIRSI/VHP?
- New locations guide exported to .xls (annually)
- Change default "Other Note: For more information see here..." inserted in the public interface when anything is added to the Other Information > Other URL field. Change to: "For contents list, see here "
- Show all collections when going back out of finding aid, creator entry, subject entry instead of reverting to collapsed results search of collections, creators, subjects
- Change "+ Administrative Information" in public display to something like "Click here for more important collection information" or something similar expressing the importance of restrictions, related material, etc.
- from a user point of view, I love having a cart but I wish the items in the cart would display collection numbers. I guess that's because we don't have the collection numbers display in the regular display, either. I end up having to handwrite the collection numbers on the printout of my cart. It would also be great to have the option to display the collection description in the cart, but I don't want to be greedy. . . .
Developers (Local or UIUC)
- Advanced search option
- bulk up warning messages when anything is to be deleted idealling including a statment about the results such as: "You are about to delete 9,873 folders. Are you sure?"
- web disable individual series, subseries, boxes, folders, items, etc.
- increase decimal places for sizes in extent units
- location/use tracking and reports
- how to increase characters in the title field?
- Richard H. Patchin Papers: will not allow a primary creator to be assigned after staff had to remove all creators because the wrong person was initially made the primary creator