The Alumni House, formerly known as the Bright House, is located at the intersection of Richmond Road and College Terrace near the north end of Zable Stadium. It was built on land purchased from the College of William and Mary in 1847 by Samuel F. Bright. From 1925 to 1943, it served as the Kappa Alpha fraternity house and was purchased by the College in 1946 for use as a men's dormitory. It was converted to faculty apartments in 1947.
In early February of 1972, the Alumni Society's offices moved into the Alumni House and initially rented two vacant apartments within the building. A campaign began in 1973 by the William and Mary Alumni Association to permanently move into the building. Since then, the Alumni House has housed the Alumni Association's headquarters and its rooms are available to rent for special occasions, such as weddings, dinners, and formal dances.
University Archives Buildings File (2007). Alumni House. Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia