Adair Gymnasium is located at intersection of Ukrop Way (formerly Campus Drive) and Landrum Drive, beside the parking garage. The building was named for Cornelia Storrs Adair (1885-1962), a William and Mary student from 1921 to 1923, Phi Beta Kappa 1927, and a recipient of the Alumni Medallion in 1934 (she was the first woman recipient of this award). She was also a teacher, the president of National Education Association in 1928, and a member of the Richmond Chapter of Virginia Society for Crippled Children and Adults in 1946.
Adair Gymnasium houses an Olympic sized pool, lounge, gymnasium, dance studio, classrooms, offices for the Kinesiology Department and the Dance Department at the College of Willim and Mary. It was originially built as a women's physical education building. Construction began in 1961 and the dedication ceremony was held on November 15, 1963. During the building's construction in 1962, a construction worker by the name of Charles S. Taylor was killed in a cave-in of a ditch on the women's athletic field for the sewerage line to Adair and Yates. Another worker was seriously injured.
- University Archives Buildings File (2007). Adair Gymnasium. Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia