William and Mary Pep Band
The College of William and Mary's Marching Band was disbanded in the fall of 1995 and the following year the Department of Music started a student pep band. In 1999, the William and Mary Pep Band emerged as a completely student-run organization. The Pep Band currently performs at all home football games, men's basketball games, and select women's basketball games. The Pep Band also performs at select baseball games and soccer matches.
Material in the Special Collections Research Center
- William and Mary Pep Band in the SCRC database.
- Department of Music Records, Special Collections Research Center, Swem Library, William & Mary.
- Alumni Band Organization Records, Special Collections Research Center, Swem Library, William & Mary.
- SCRC File.
- Digital companions for the SCRC exhibit "Ringing Far and Near: Student Music and Song" were created including one featuring the Pep Band. It is available on YouTube, Flickr, and iTunesU].
- Pep Band Official Website, accessed 1 December 2009.
To search for further material, visit the Special Collections Research Center's Search Tool List for an overview of the Special Collections Database, W&M Digital Archive, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, card catalogs, and other tools available to help you find material of interest in William & Mary Libraries Special Collections Research Center.
|A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki|
|The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Unfortunately, many of the early original records of William & Mary were destroyed by fires, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the Special Collections search tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.|