The DoG Street Journal

From Special Collections Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

The DoG Street Journal was first published by College of William and Mary students in January 2003. Information gathered by students in LCST 201 "Constructing the News" about some College publications including The DoG Street Journal is available at the course Wiki. Electronic versions of the DSJ is available online at It is one of many College of William and Mary publications.

Since the late 1960s, students have frequently produced newspapers and other publications, including literary and creative journals, without official college sanction. The earliest one in the University Archives is The Owl, consisting of one issue published in 1854 by students at the college. The satirical and humorous Fat Head, distributed by The Flat Hat writers, has been in existence since at least 1939. The Special Collections Research Center also keeps copies of current alternative newspapers and publications.

A note about the information in this wiki
Unfortunately, many of the early original records of the College of William and Mary were destroyed by fire, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. The information available here is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in the SCRC's collections and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the SCRC's access tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.