Minnie A. Hill

From Special Collections Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Minnie A. Hill began her tenure at the National Freedman's Relief Association in 1865, receiving her initial commission to serve as a teacher in Petersburg, Virginia. It appears she previously taught at a school in Norfolk, Virginia. In 1866, the Freedman's Union Commission reappointed Hill to another one year term. In 1867, the Commission appointed Hill as principal of a school on Pocahontas Island in Petersburg, where she served until at least 1869.

Material in the Special Collections Research Center

Need help?

To search for further material, visit the Special Collections Research Center's Search Tool List for an overview of the Special Collections Database, W&M Digital Archive, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, card catalogs, and other tools available to help you find material of interest in the Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center.

Questions? Contact the Special Collections Research Center at spcoll@wm.edu or 757-221-3090, or visit the Special Collections Research Center in the Earl Gregg Swem Library at the College of William and Mary.

A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki
The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Unfortunately, many of the early original records of the College of William and Mary were destroyed by fires, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. The information available here is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in the Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the Special Collections search tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.