John Dixon Jr. was born in 1778 and died September 5, 1830. He married Sally (Sarah) Throckmorton, the daughter of Warner and Julia Throckmorton, in 1795. They had three children: Dr. John Dixon(1812- 1835), Isabella S. Burwell, Harriet Peyton. Dixon remarried Mary T. (?). There was one child from this union Mary E. Dixon. Family History John Dixon Jr.'s father was John Dixon (d.1788). He married Elizabeth Peyton, daughter of Sir John Peyton of Isleham, Gloucester County, on February 6, 1773. They had four children: John, Lucy, Seigniora, and Betsy. John Dixon Jr.'s grandfather was the Rev. John Dixon(d.1777). He married Lucy (?). They had five children: John, William, Thomas, Lucy, Elizabeth John Dixon Jr.'s great grandfather, John Dixon (d.1758) came to Virginia from Bristol, England in the eighteenth century. He married Lucy Reade(1701-1731), daughter of Mr. Thomas Reade of Gloucester. They had three children: Rev. John Dixon, Roger Dixon, and Thomas Dixon. After the death of his first wife, he remarried Ann (?), of King William County. They had four children: Cornelious, Lyonell, Robert, and Susannah Ann. All the male children from this second union died unmarried. Additional family and genealogical information can be found in the first folder of the first box of the John Dixon Papers, Collection number: Mss. 39.1 D64.
John Dixon in the SCRC database.
To search for further material, visit the Special Collections Research Center's Search Tool List for an overview of the Special Collections Database, W&M Digital Archive, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, card catalogs, and other tools available to help you find material of interest in the Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center.
Questions? Contact the Special Collections Research Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-221-3090, or visit the Special Collections Research Center in the Earl Gregg Swem Library at the College of William and Mary.
|A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki|
|The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Unfortunately, many of the early original records of the College of William and Mary were destroyed by fires, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. The information available here is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in the Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the Special Collections search tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.|