Ivy House Restaurant (Williamsburg, VA)

From Special Collections Research Center Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

The Ivy House was opened in 1948 by David and Emily Rutledge, alumni of the College of William and Mary. Though the restaurant originally served three meals a day, it quickly became a breakfast only restaurant with the success of the Rutledge's "astronomical" pancakes. Further information about this individual or organization may be available in the Special Collections Research Center Wiki: <a href="http://scrc.swem.wm.edu/wiki/index.php/The Ivy House Restaurant (Williamsburg, VA)">http://scrc.swem.wm.edu/wiki/index.php/The Ivy House Restaurant (Williamsburg, VA)</a>. Ivy House Restaurant (Williamsburg, VA) in the SCRC database.

Need help?

To search for further material, visit the Special Collections Research Center's Search Tool List for an overview of the Special Collections Database, W&M Digital Archive, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, card catalogs, and other tools available to help you find material of interest in William & Mary Libraries Special Collections Research Center.

Questions? Contact the Special Collections Research Center at spcoll@wm.edu or 757-221-3090, or visit the Special Collections Research Center in the Earl Gregg Swem Library at William & Mary.

A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki
The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Unfortunately, many of the early original records of William & Mary were destroyed by fires, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the Special Collections search tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.