The Hoke House at William & Mary is located at 218 Jamestown Road. It is a two-story frame house, built between June 1920 and March 1924. In 1975, it was purchased by the Endowment Association from Agnes P. Hoke, widow of G. Bland Hoke and used as a student residence. In 1977, the Hoke House and Cottage were used as the Russian Studies House (1977-1985) (Flat Hat, 1/28/1977, p.11). In 1987, it was announced the house was to be occupied by the Budget Office and Office of Institutional Research (William and Mary News, 8/26/1987, p.1).
- University Archives Buildings File (2007), Hoke House, Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary.
|A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki|
|Unfortunately, many of the early original records of the College of William and Mary were destroyed by fire, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. The information available here is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in the SCRC's collections and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the SCRC's access tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.|