Bodleian Plate

From Special Collections Research Center Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

The image of the main College Building (Wren Building)known as the Bodleian plate was found in December 1929 in the Bodleian Library, Oxford, England. It showed the front of the campus of the college (top row), and the rear elevation of the Wren Building with its two wings (left, second row), and the Governor's Palace (right, second row). The original copperplate engraving was presented to John D. Rockefeller, Jr. in 1937 and is now owned by the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation.