Material in the Special Collections Research Center
In the Flat Hat, William & Mary News, and Alumni Gazette:
- Nancy Norman, student representative of college committee, seeks suggestions from students for celebration WMN, 2/13/1973, pg. 3.
- Planning underway AG, March 1973, pg. 2.
- Planning committee report WMN, 6/5/1973, pg. 5.
- Ross Weeks appointed chairman of celebration committee WMN, 9/4/1973, pg. 3.
- Theme: Alma Mater of a Nation AG, Nov. 1973, pg. 3.
- Meeting of Planning Committee WMN, 4/2/1974, pg. 3.
- Student Idea Contest ends WMN, 4/9/1974, pg. 3.
- College to record its oral history WMN, 9/10/1974, pg. 1.
- F. Joachim Weyl to speak WMN, 11/5/1974, pg. 1.
- W&M named Bicentennial Community WMN, 1/7/1975, pg. 2.
- College named official Bicentennial Community AG, Feb. 1975, pg. 1.
- V. Dabney makes bicentennial address at Charter Day ceremony WMN, 2/8/1975, pg. 3.
- President Graves' remarks on selection of W&M as bicentennial campus WMN, 2/11/1975, pg. 3.
- American literature conference planned AG, June 1975, pg. 2, cover.
- College plans AG, June 1975, pg. 3.
- College gives students, staff, alumni bicen. bumper stickers WMN, 7/22/1975, pg. 3.
- W&M designated as bicentennial college FH, 9/12/1975, pg. 3.
- 18th century science project AG, June 1976, cover.
- Bicentennial Minutes taped AG, Feb. 1976, pg. 8 (pictures).
- Bicen. youth debates asks for volunteer judges WMN, 3/23/1976, pg. 4.
- Wren building featured on Wmsbg-James City County Bicen. Commemorative Medallion WMN, 5/4/1976, pg. 3.
- Wren building bell to peal at 2 PM July 4th WMN, 6/29/1976, pg. 1.
- Female cyclist ends cross-country ride here FH, 9/17/1976, pg. 2.
- Article summing up year by M. McGiffert WMN, 12/14/1976, pg. 7.
- "Year in Review:" essays and pictures WMN, 1/18/1977, pg. 3-5.
- Debates AG, May 1976, pg. 3 (pictures).
- Here now WMN, 2/10/1981, pg. 7.
Treaty of Paris:
- Program marks Treaty of Paris WMN, 8/30/1983, pg. 1.
- Yorktown Day features special ballon visit WMN, 10/18/1983, pg. 8.
To search for further material, visit the Special Collections Research Center's Search Tool List for an overview of the Special Collections Database, W&M Digital Archive, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, card catalogs, and other tools available to help you find material of interest in the Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center.
Questions? Contact the Special Collections Research Center at email@example.com or 757-221-3090, or visit the Special Collections Research Center in the Earl Gregg Swem Library at the College of William and Mary.
|A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki|
|The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Unfortunately, many of the early original records of the College of William and Mary were destroyed by fires, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. The information available here is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in the Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the Special Collections search tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.|