The construction of Randolph Hall, a men's dormitory, was featured in "The Romance and Renaissance of the College of William and Mary in Virginia" (1924). It was proposed to be the same size and capacity of Monroe Memorial Hall providing rooms for 140 of the students then quartered in "war barrack structures" (the Penniman Building) and dilapidated buildings such as the Old Deanery. The amount needed for construction was listed as $192,000.
- "The Romance and Renaissance of the College of William and Mary in Virginia," Endowment Association, 1924, p. 19.
|A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki|
|Unfortunately, many of the early original records of the College of William and Mary were destroyed by fire, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. The information available here is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in the SCRC's collections and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the SCRC's access tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.|