Charles E. Kolodzey
Charles E. Kolodzey (1914-2009). "Texas Oil Industry engineer who designed and constructed the first offshore oil platform in the Gulf of Mexico. From his obituary: Charles Edwin Kolodzey, engineer, died the morning of February 3, 2009 at the age of 95. Charles was born in Yorktown, Texas and attended St. Edward's University in Austin and graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering in 1936. He enrolled in graduate school at the University of Texas, but his studies were interrupted by the outbreak of World War II. Charles served in the U.S. Navy during the war and saw action in the Pacific. After the war, Charles returned to U.T. and completed a Master of Science in Civil Engineering in 1946. He was involved in the design and construction of offshore oil platforms, including the first deep water operation in the Gulf of Mexico. The author worked for Humble Oil for over 45 years in the design, and left a $1.5 million endowment to the University of Texas at Austin, including the Charles Edwin Kolodzey Endowed Presidential Scholarship in Engineering." (This information was provided by the seller of the Kolodzey diaries)
Material in the Special Collections Research Center
Charles E. Kolodzey in the SCRC database.
- SCRC file.
To search for further material, visit the Special Collections Research Center's Search Tool List for an overview of the Special Collections Database, W&M Digital Archive, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, card catalogs, and other tools available to help you find material of interest in the Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center.
Questions? Contact the Special Collections Research Center at email@example.com or 757-221-3090, or visit the Special Collections Research Center in the Earl Gregg Swem Library at the College of William and Mary.
|A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki|
|The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Unfortunately, many of the early original records of the College of William and Mary were destroyed by fires, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. The information available here is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in the Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the Special Collections search tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.|