Birth Control and Abortion
Material in the Special Collections Research Center
The Flat Hat, William & Mary News, and Alumni Gazette:
- Local chapter of Zero Population Growth formed FH, 10/2/1970, pg. 6.
- Lecture on planned parenthood FH, 10/20/1970, pg. 3.
- Va. League for planned parenthood holds conference FH, 10/23/1970, pg. 3; C, 10/22/1970, pg. 4.
- Forum on birth control and abortion held FH, 12/4/1970, pg. 3; CO, 12/8/1970, pg. 1-2.
- William Baird of N.Y. Parent’s Aid Society argues for liberalized abortion laws FH, 12/11/1970, pg. 6.
- Establishment of referral center declared illegal FH, 1/2/1971, pg. 1.
- Birth Control information center established by Women’s Equality Committee FH, 2/12/1971, pg. 1.
- Center in operation in SA environment center FH, 4/6/1971, pg. 4.
- ZPG sponsors discussion of Dr. Edward F. Davis III MD, of the Dept. of Obstetircs and Gynecology, MCV C, 5/6/1971, pg. 1.
- Panel debates ethics of abortion FH, 11/12/1971, pg. 2; FH, 11/19/1971, pg. 1; C, 11/19/1971, pg. 1.
- U.S. District Judge R. Merhige backs students rights to publish abortion advertisements FH, 12/3/1971, pg. 1.
- State offers free sterilization to the poor FH, 4/1/1977, pg. 7.
- Concern over number of reported pregnancies FH, 12/5/1986, pg. 1, 3 (picture); FH, 1/30/1987, pg. 2.
- Students participate in “March for Life” in D.C. FH, 1/23/1987, pg. 3.
- Quandries at the College FH, 2/27/1987, pg. 7.
- Condom machines fixed FH, 9/16/1988, pg. 1.
- Condoms come again-editorial FH, 9/16/1988, pg. 4.
- Safe in Dupont—condoms installed FH, 11/11/1988, pg. 1, 2.
- Activist criticizes abortion FH, 9/8/1989, pg. 2.
- ATA sponsors film FH, 9/15/1989, pg. 5.
- Learning life lessons FH, 12/4/1992, pg. 7, 11.
- Birth control accessible and varied FH, 2/24/1995, pg. 7.
- Spotlight on birth control FH, 2/24/1995, pg. 10 (picture).
To search for further material, visit the Special Collections Research Center's Search Tool List for an overview of the Special Collections Database, W&M Digital Archive, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, card catalogs, and other tools available to help you find material of interest in the Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center.
Questions? Contact the Special Collections Research Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-221-3090, or visit the Special Collections Research Center in the Earl Gregg Swem Library at the College of William and Mary.
|A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki|
|The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Unfortunately, many of the early original records of the College of William and Mary were destroyed by fires, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. The information available here is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in the Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the Special Collections search tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.|