Barrett Hall is located at the eastern intersection of Jamestown Road and Landrum Drive (formerly Old Campus Drive). It was named for Kate Waller Barrett, a member of the Board of Visitors and Phi Beta Kappa. It was used as a women's dormitory until the start of the 2005-2006 school year, when it was converted to a co-ed dormitory.
Construction on Barrett Hall began in 1926 and ended in 1927 with an estimated cost of $212,000. The College had a contract with J.T. Nuckols of Richmond, Virginia, and Charles M. Robinson, the College Architect, made the designs for the dormitory.
University Archives Buildings File (2007). Barrett Hall. Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia